Dear friends in Texas,
Do you want to meet other families dealing with
mitochondrial disease or those who are in the process of a diagnosis? Make
connections with others in your area going through the same things? Here’s your
You are invited to Mitochondri-ya’ll, a Mito Patient &
Family Social! This low-key, relaxed, fun gathering hosted by MitoAction & Kristi
Wees will allow you to share stories and resources, give and get support, make
new friends, and realize you’re not alone on this difficult journey.
All ages are welcome.
Date: Saturday, Feb. 25
Time: 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Place: Memorial Hermann Hospital-Katy
Tiger Room A & B
Please RSVP by Feb. 22 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MitoAction’s mission is to improve the quality of life for
everyone affected by mitochondrial disease through support, education,
outreach, and advocacy initiatives. We believe in supporting and empowering our
Mito community today.
For more information, contact MitoAction Membership & Support Coordinator Ginger DeShaney at email@example.com or Social host Kristi
Wees at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please RSVP and join us. We look forward to seeing you
Membership & Support Coordinator
Would you like to host a Mito Social?
It's easy! Here's what the host will do:
• Set a date for the event.
• Secure space for the Social, such as a hospital, church
basement, community center, or school.
• Buy snacks and beverages for the event using a stipend
• Take care of the day-of setup and cleanup.
• Send MitoAction photos of your Social and your sign-in
Here's what MitoAction will do:
• Send email invitations to Mito patients and families in
• Manage the RSVPs.
• Provide a stipend for snacks and beverages.
• Provide sign-in sheets and Mito materials to have available at
photos and a write-up of your Social on our Facebook page.
To sign up to host a Social or for more information, contact Ginger DeShaney at email@example.com.